Table of contents
Shopify includes a blogging platform that lets you create blogs and write blog posts. The Blog template lists blog posts for your customers.
Learn more about blogs.
Show blog-specific navigation
You may have multiple blogs (e.g. recipes, news) on your online store. Additionally, each blog may contain blog posts with different tags (e.g. paleo, vegan). You can show blog-specific navigation to let customers browse all the blogs on your online store.
In order to show blog-specific navigation, you must:
- create a menu,
- add the menu to the Blog template.
Create a menu
Create a menu that contains only top-level links to blogs.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store → Navigation.
- Click Add menu.
- In the Title field, input a name (e.g. Blog menu).
- Under Menu items, click Add menu item.
- In the Link field, search for an existing blog on your online store.
- Click Add.
- Repeat steps 4–6 for each blog you want to add to the menu.
- Click Save menu.
Learn more about menus and links.
Add the menu to the Blog template
After you’ve created a menu that contains only top-level links to blogs, you can include it on the Blog template.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store → Themes.
- Next to Emporium, click Customize.
- In the drop-down menu at the top of the page, select a Blog template.
- Click the Blog section.
- Check Enable navigation.
- Under Menu, click Select menu.
- Select the menu to display, then click Select.
- Optional: Under Position (desktop), select an option.
- Optional: Check Show tags.
Blog-specific navigation is always shown below blog posts on mobile.
If you haven’t added tags to at least one blog post that is part of a linked blog, then tags will not show in the navigation menu. Learn how to add tags to a blog post.